Last month I was at the mall and actually had the chance to try a few things on because I only had Paige with me! Most of the time I just buy a bunch of things and try them all on at home. On my way to the fitting room, I grabbed these cute pants to try them on “just for fun.” Stars like Meghan Markle, Jessica Alba, and Victoria Beckham have been spotted wearing them on multiple occasions, and their outfits always catch my eye. Wide leg pants are a huge trend this season, but I wasn’t quite sure how they would look on me. I tried them on and was surprised just how much I loved them! I had to have them, and loved that I didn’t have anything similar in my closet. I even ended up wearing this exact outfit on our wedding anniversary date! Today I’m sharing 5 essential tips to styling them, along with some other adorable wide leg pants!
WIDE LEG PANTS OUTFIT DETAILS:
5 Essential Tips to Style Wide Leg Pants This Season
- Find a pair of wide leg pants that flatters your body! At first thought, wide leg pants sound like they could be extremely unflattering, but they can actually have the opposite effect! I like my pants to be high waisted, accentuating the smallest part of the waist.
- Tuck it in and show off your waist line. Whether you opt for a body suit or a tee, be sure to tuck your top in to elongate your legs. Because of the flowy pant fabric, it may look like you are drowning in your clothes without a tucked in shirt. Along the same lines, I don’t suggest pairing your pants with an oversized top.
- If this is your first pair of wide leg pants, I suggest choosing a neutral color! It is so easy to put together outfits with wide leg pants. This pair comes in 3 different colors.
- If you want to dress them up a little more, try pairing them with a silk blouse, a blazer, and strappy heels. If you want to dress them down, opt for a more casual look by pairing full length wide leg pants with a relaxed tee and sneakers.
- Carry your pants into the colder months by pairing them with a sweater or turtleneck.