Photography by Baylee Jo Designs
Faux fur vests and jackets make great statement piece. They are one of my favorite Fall and Winter accessories because I can look put together yet still feel extremely cozy. Adding a layering piece to an outfit is like putting the cherry on top of the cake. It can completely transform your outfit from boring to chic. Now is the best time to buy faux fur because end of the season equals major deals. Yes, you may only have a month or two left to wear it, but this is one of those timeless pieces in your closet that will work year after year. (Another reason why I LOVE them.)
Already have some faux fur and wondering how you can incorporate your faux fur jacket or vest into your wardrobe? Keep reading because today I’m sharing 10 styling tips for the faux fur in your life! But first, here’s a look at some of my favorite faux fur pieces right now. Almost all of them are currently on sale.
10 Styling Tips on Wearing Faux Fur
- Use it to dress up your distressed denim.
- Pair it with a pattern like gingham or stripes.
- Mix it with other textures. (My favorite combo is fur and leather, like these faux leather pants I’m wearing in this post.)
- Wear an all black ensemble, then add fur.
- Spice up jeans and a white tee by topping it with faux fur.
- Break up a black and white outfit with a touch of fur.
- Pair your faux fur with over the knee boots and a floppy hat.
- Layer it under or over your favorite winter pieces – think chunky cardigans or leather jackets.
- Throw it over a graphic tee.
- Add fur to your denim on denim look.