Photography by PhotoGraff Design
It’s here! Outfits & Outings is officially one year old! Oh, and the baby bump is here too!! First of all, I want to touch on my outfit. These James Perse dresses are amazing! They are non maternity and look flattering on any body type. It is the perfect length and is extremely comfortable. I love that I will still be able to wear it after baby comes. Call me crazy, but I think I need a black one too. You can wear it casual or dress it up, add a vest or a scarf, or add a leather jacket and boots. The booties are adorable and come in multiple colors. It was so hard deciding what color to go with!
The past year has been an absolute blast. I always “wished” I had a blog, and with the encouragement of my friends and husband I decided to write a few ideas down onto paper. I ran with those ideas and finally started up my own blog. I am so thankful for those who have cheered me on along the way. I love waking up excited in the mornings to work on my blog, and I love creating inspiration for others. Outfits & Outings wouldn’t be what it is today without YOU! Yes, you. I couldn’t be more thankful for my readers.
I have a lot of people tell me they are thinking about starting a blog and many of them have the same questions. Here are a few quick tips to those of you who are thinking about entering the blogging world! If you have more specific questions, feel free to leave a comment!
- Start Somewhere: Jot some ideas on paper and expand on those ideas. What are the goals of your blog? What do you want it to look like? What content will you be posting and how often? Why will people want to read your blog? Creating a business plan is the best way to get going. I remember creating my blog plan and couldn’t write everything down fast enough. It is such a fun and exciting process!
- High Def Images: I don’t know where my blog would be today without Brionne from PhotoGraff Design! If you are looking to make a business out of your blog, it is extremely important to have good clear photos. Not only does it make your blog and Instagram feed look stunning, but brands and companies want to work with people who are posting clear quality images of their products.
- Work, Work, Work: A LOT of work goes into blogging. Figure out a schedule that works for you and try to stick to it. Find the most amazing planner and use it like crazy. The good news is you are your own boss. I love that aspect of the blogging business! YOU get to make all of the business decisions, and the more work you put in, the more success you see.
- Patience and Persistence are Key: It is important to stay positive and patient when starting any kind of business! Sometimes it is easy to get frustrated when a post doesn’t do as great as you thought, or if you didn’t reach a certain goal. If you turn frustration into motivation, amazing things can happen! Posting regularly is key to gaining traffic to your blog.
- Celebrate Everything: Enjoy the little things, celebrate tiny victories, and have fun! No victory is too small to celebrate! Whether you reached your goals for the month, an amazing company shared your image, or your post did better than you were expecting, take it all in and enjoy every moment!
If you have any blogging questions feel free to write them in the comments below!
Thank you for stopping by!