One of the things I’m most excited for in 2019 is our house renovation! We have so many things that we plan on updating in our home, and I’ve been collecting some staple pieces that will eventually be displayed in our home! I actually just went to town shopping Christmas decor clearance and bought some great things! (I wasn’t as excited about decorating for Christmas this year since our house isn’t exactly my style yet.) If you’re new around here, we sold our first home, and purchased a different home in July. We LOVE the layout, the neighborhood, and the yard but the inside needs some work to make things exactly how we want them.
We actually rolled out our new Nourison moroccan shag rug in my mother in law’s beautiful home to see how it looks! The lighting in our current home, along with the ugly tile, ugly brown carpet, and ugly colored walls just weren’t doing the Nourison rug justice! Can you tell I’m just so ready to get going on these house plans? Now that Christmas is over, and the new year is about to begin, I have set a goal to have some major changes completed by the time Christmas 2019 rolls around. I can’t wait to see how much we can accomplish in the next year!
Aren’t the details on this Nourison Moroccan Shag Rug so pretty!?
Here are a few of the plans we will be doing, and don’t worry we will be documenting them all here!
- Flooring: Currently we have brown carpet and tile, and laminate flooring in the bedrooms. We will be switching this out for oak color wood flooring, which is something I have dreamed of having in a home for quite some time. (Can’t wait to put our Nourison moroccan shag rug on our new flooring!)
- Paint: we will be painting our home white!
- The Kitchen: This will be completely redone including a new island, new cabinets, backsplash, etc.
- After this, Brett is going to build a farmhouse table, and we are thinking about doing some sort of dark statement wall where the table will be!
- Next, we will most likely move onto focusing on our bedroom. We will have the same flooring and paint as the rest of our house, and will eventually build sliding barn wood doors to make my dream closet come a reality! (You can check out my last closet makeover that Brett did in our hold home by clicking here!) This will be a pretty big project, so to begin we will start with building a reclaimed wood bed and adding shutters to the bedroom.
We have so many fun projects on our minds, and are just so excited to begin. I’m lucky to have a handy husband who knows how to create just about anything. (Check out more of our DIY projects here!) He has a lot of work cut out for him, and I’m sure there will be times where we feel like things are never going to be finished and like the mess is never going to go away, but I think it will all be worth it in the end!