The first trimester can be tricky because you may not want people to know you’re pregnant yet. During my first pregnancy I had no clue what I should do or what first trimester must haves I needed, but I wasn’t quite ready to tell people I was expecting. Funny enough, I felt like I should go out and buy ALL the maternity clothes. Turns out, that was the last thing I needed at that time! Here’s a list of practical First Trimester Must Haves that I have used during both of my pregnancies!
First Trimester Must Haves
First Trimester Must Haves
- Humidifier: It is extremely handy to have a humidifier on hand during pregnancy since you can’t take all of the medicine you used to. I always use my humidifier with essential oils when I am starting to feel sick. You can also diffuse oils like Lavender for relaxation.
- Ginger Candies: Studies have found that ginger can reduce nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Make sure you find items with real ginger rather than just ginger flavor.
- Prenatal Vitamins: Self explanatory! This is the kind I typically use because it has DHA.
- Stretch Mark Cream: I highly recommend starting this as soon as possible in order to make sure your skin is soft and silky. I apply to my stomach, chest, and booty every night before bed. I try to start using it well before I notice my body making any growing changes!
- Arm & Hammer Diaper Bags: If you’re anything like me, these will come in very handy. Keep them in your purse and your car because you never know when your morning sickness is going to hit you! The good news is they are extremely cheap, and if you don’t end up using them during your pregnancy you will surely use them for diapers.
- A fun water bottle to encourage you to drink as much water as possible! Not only is it good for you and baby, but it will help with headaches and muscle cramps. This not only makes the cut for my first trimester must haves list, but it also makes my general favorite products list! They come in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Phone Apps: Of course you will want to track your progress, see what fruit your baby compares to in size, and connect with other moms! My 2 favorite apps have been Glow Nurture and What To Expect!
- Pedialyte Freezer Pops: I can’t even begin to tell you how many of these I have had! This probably applies to those of us who have a hard time keeping fluids down at times, but they are a must for me!
- Ginger Ale to settle your stomach! This brand is made with real ginger and I personally think it tastes better!
- Maternity Swing Dress. If you buy one clothing item in your first trimester, it has to be this dress! I bought mine during my first pregnancy, and I never stopped wearing it. It is perfect for those days when you don’t quite have a bump yet, or maybe you’re bloated and you don’t want people to know you’re expecting yet. I wear this even when I’m not pregnant and people always stop me to ask me where it’s from!
- Head ache patches. These save my sanity sometimes! I tend to have really bad headaches during pregnancy, and these provide some relief. One of my favorite times to use them is when I am about to go to sleep. I go through boxes and boxes of these!
What about you? What are some of your first trimester must haves you can’t live without? Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below!