Wow! I really can’t believe there are only 5 days until Christmas! Today I’m sharing a list of places to shop last minute gifts for those who just haven’t had time to get things done! I forgive you… this month has just flown by! I’m also talking about some thoughts on gifts, traditions, and our holiday plans!
Family traditions are something I’ve always wanted to do. Well this is our first year with a little baby in our home and it has made Christmas even more exciting than usual. Christmas cards have always been big on my list, but I didn’t want a card with just Brett and I. We finally had our first Christmas card made and it was so exciting! I want to keep them every year and form a little book with every year’s card. It is also such a good way to make sure family photos are taken each year, even if they turn me in to a crazy person.
Another tradition I’ve been so excited to start is matching family Christmas pajamas! (Blog post coming soon!) We ordered ours this year from Amazon, and it’s not too late to order some! They are Burts Bees, and if you’re thinking about ordering them…they run LARGE so order down. My family is in Texas and my in-laws are in Nevada, so this is an easy tradition that we can do no matter where we’re at.
My family always let us open one present on Christmas Eve, which is something I definitely want to carry over to our family. My parents have a really fun tradition of breakfast in bed for my sister and I complete with a Tiffany box, but Brett didn’t agree to continuing on that tradition. 😉
I really love presents. I will admit it. Giving presents, receving presents, waiting until Christmas to open them, etc. My sister is one of my favorite people to pick out gifts for. This year I got her this Ninja Coffee Bar and she almost cried when she opened it! Although I love receiving things, my favorite type of gifts are “experience” gifts. Lately, my parents have been planning family vacations as our present, and I love the memories that come along with it!
If you’re still trying looking for last minute gifts, or feel like you just need a little something to add to a gift you’ve already picked out, check out my holiday gift guides for some inspiration!
Shopping for Last Minute Gifts:
You can still receive your gift by Christmas at these places:
- Alex + Ani: (One of my favorite gifts to give!) Free Expedited Shipping with purchase of $100 or more! Ends tomorrow!
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Order today and get it by Christmas, plus 20% one single item!
- J.Crew:Last day for guaranteed holiday delivery. plus 40% off with code GIFTNOW
- Kate Spade: Order by 2PM EST Today for free Ground Shipping by 12/23 plus extra 30% off sale with code SPRINKLES
- Neiman Marcus: Order by 12/21 at noon CT to get it by Christmas with code NMRUSH
- Pottery Barn: 2 days left for holiday delivery. Use code MERRY
- Tiny Prints: Free Super Rush Delivery on Christmas Cards!
- Tory Burch: Free 2 day shipping on all orders. Order by 12/21, 3pm ET to receive by 12/24
- Target: Order by 4pm ET on 12/21 to get free standard delivery by 12/23
- Victoria’s Secret: Free 2 day shipping on $125 order with code SHIP2DAY (ends at 5pm EST)
- West Elm: Free shipping for Christmas Eve Delivery. Order by 12/21, 11:59 PT. Use code FSWEEK
- Zappos: Free Expedited Shipping for Zappos Rewards Members, enroll here for free.
Our Holiday Plans
We are in Las Vegas this year for Christmas. My husband and brother in law are both Firefighters but are on different shifts. The only day they both have off together is the 23, so we are having our family Christmas dinner and white elephant gift exchange that day. On Christmas Eve family is headed to our house for an ugly sweater potluck dinner. (I’m planning on doing a hot chocolate bar, stuffed mushrooms, corn dip, and a few other snack type foods!) On Christmas Day we are spending the morning at our house – just the 3 of us, and then headed over to my sister in laws house for a fiesta.There will be a taco bar, churros, lots of Christmas movies, and a little surprise visit from someone, which I will share on my Instagram story!